Monday, December 12, 2011

The Kitchen and Dining Room at Christmas

Welcome to our Kitchen and Dining room. I haven't yet shared much of these spaces. To be honest, there's a good reason for this. The kitchen in our new home is my least favorite space. I think I was spoiled by our old kitchen which we had custom designed and built exactly the way we wanted it.

I have some plans for this space in the future, but for now, it will have to do as is. I don't want to sound like a complainer; it's a perfectly fine, functional kitchen, just not very me.

I do love the countertops, stainless appliances and light fixtures.  I hope to change up the cabinets and hardware (paint? refacing?).


I added some greenery to the tops of the cabinets, which I think fits in nicely with the wood tones.



Our dining room, is more of a dining nook. Although small, I do like the features: a coffered ceiling, bay windows, the light fixture.  I am on the hunt for fabric to make roman blinds for these windows.  I'm also contemplating a change in the dining set.



So there you have it.  A little tour of our Kitchen and Dining room, decked out for Christmas.
Linking to my Favorite Parties!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...[Reply to comment]

I think your kitchen is gorgeous. In fact I really love the cabinets, and how the molding is two toned. oUr is are the same way, and a bit rustic for my taste, however they have grown on me, and I get more compliments on my wood cabinets than anything. Love the greenery on top too.

anangloinquebec said...[Reply to comment]

Very lovely. Not too much but beautifully done. Your kitchen is gorgeous.

Blondie's Journal said...[Reply to comment]

Everything looks fabulous, Andrea! I like your kitchen, the counter tops and light fixtures are definitely classy! I have wood cabinets, too, and I love them!

Happy Holidays!

XO,
Jane

Shelia said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea! Oh, I think your kitchen is beautiful! I loved your other one too. You'll get it the way you want it one day, I'm sure. Your dining area is very pretty too. Love your Christmas touches.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...[Reply to comment]

Gorgeous! I love the ceilings in the dining area. And the upper cabinets with the glass are divine!
Counter tops too. Love it all!

designchic said...[Reply to comment]

They look amazing. What wonderful spaces and love the simple greens you've used!!

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

The thing I like best about your kitchen though is how open it is. I bet it is wonderful when you have a lot of guests. Your whole house probably flows well with a lot of people. Mine is set up more like an old fashioned home. My kitchen is off on it's own from the rest of the house. So, when alot of people gather it's feels crowded quickly.