Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Our New Island Counter

I have long yearned for a wood counter on my island and marble in the rest of the kitchen and that's exactly what we chose for our new kitchen.

I did a ton of reading and research about using these materials and while I realize that they are higher maintenance than the granite tops we previously had, I am thrilled with our decision.

I will do a more detailed post about our counters once I can show off the marble, but for now I couldn't wait to show you the island:



We had a custom top made from blue-stain pine.  I looooove pine, and I think it just gets better with age and use. The bug holes, tree rings and knots add a rustic charm.




We also hung the lantern (Bolton from Pottery Barn). ADORE!!!!!!

Slowly but surely, the details are all coming together!



 The best thing about this week? We get our kitchen sink back. Hallelujah.


Linking my island counter to these parties:


I'd love for you to follow along with me on Instagram,  Pinterest, and Twitter.


19 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Oh, Andrea, I LOVE it! Beautiful wood and love the lantern, too.

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...[Reply to comment]

Love the counter and especially love the PB lantern!

Suzan Sweatman said...[Reply to comment]

Love how this looks against the white cabinets ( and the pulls ) and that light is just fantastic - can't wait to see the marble!
XOX

Jenny said...[Reply to comment]

Gorgeous details!! I love all of it!

Vintage Home said...[Reply to comment]

I am crazy for pine too...but your stain is stunning! Whatever did you use?

Leslie said...[Reply to comment]

Gorgeous pine.. your kitchen is beautiful and the lantern is perfect for this space.

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

Love, love,love it!!! It looks fantastic. Love your choices of cabinets, counters, hardware and lighting. I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole room! Don't keep us waiting too long. LOL!

thistlewoodfarm said...[Reply to comment]

Such a beautiful kitchen!!

The island looks great and the lantern adds just the right touch!

Have a great weekend!!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful! Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Windlost said...[Reply to comment]

Gorgeous Andrea. I love the lantern too. :)

Looking gooood.. xo Terri

Carol said...[Reply to comment]

Oh, it looks just beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest!

Hydee Pole Photography said...[Reply to comment]

Hiya!! Love your kitchen.. we are going to have a new one and the one we're getting is similar to yours but we are going for an oak surface (fingers crossed as they cost a bit more)..looking forward to the rest :-).

Becca said...[Reply to comment]

Gorgeous island ... love the character of the wood. And, the lantern is fabulous, too! Look forward to seeing more!

Dorie said...[Reply to comment]

LOVE that beautiful wood top!! You got me really thinkin I might want to do pine on my island!! And those lanterns are lovely!!!

Dorie said...[Reply to comment]

LOVE that beautiful wood top!! You got me really thinkin I might want to do pine on my island!! And those lanterns are lovely!!!

Loi Thai, Tone on Tone said...[Reply to comment]

Hi, Andrea -
Your kitchen is beautiful. I love all your selections. And how wonderful to have such tall ceilings. Look forward to seeing more.
Cheers,
Loi

Alison @ The Polohouse said...[Reply to comment]

Love it ALL!!!!
The island, the lantern, the pine top and white cabinets..... awesome, Andrea!

Alison @ The Polohouse said...[Reply to comment]

Love it ALL!!!!
The island, the lantern, the pine top and white cabinets..... awesome, Andrea!

Tracey Hewison said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea,
Is there any chance you could let me know who did your custom island top? I'd like to redo our island in pine as well and since I am local, I'd love to know who you used! It looks just beautiful :-)